Under the health and safety at work act 1974 all business and or the person in overall control of the building is required to carry out a legionella risk assessment to identify and take the necessary action to control and minimise any potential risks.
Legionnaires disease is potentially fatal and can be contracted by inhaling aerosol contain the legionella bacteria. The ideal conditions for the legionella bacteria to thrive are in temperatures between 20 ° and 45 ° C, Water storage tanks, cooling towers as well as poorly maintained water systems.
WHAT DOES LEGIONELLA RISK ASSESSMENT INVOLVE?
- A fully documented legionella risk assessment including a detailed schematic of pipework and photographs
- Any risks are highlighted
- Detailed reports on cold water storage tanks
- Detailed reports of any hot water storage vessels
- Monitoring for any aerosol forming high pressure outlets
- Stagnation and flow reports
- The temperature of the hot and cold water supply are recorded throughout the system
WHAT WE WILL DO
- We will provide a legionella management plan to help you prevent and control the risk of legionnaire’s disease. We can help with staff training on how to fill out basic report sheets as well as provide monitoring equipment
- Help you take actions and plan for future updates to your risk assessment
- We at purewater solutions have a vast experience of how to help you maintain a clean, safe water supply and fully compliant with the HSE’s approved code of practice on legionella prevention.